Dieting can suck sometimes.
Passing up on foods you LOVE, drinking cucumber water at a dinner party, and eating salad while your spouse devours a whole pizza are not always the easiest things in the world to do.
However, IF you TRULY want to get in better shape, it is necessary to do what is, well, necessary.
And the bright side of it is you can “dress up” a lot of healthy meals and turn them into delicious, guilt free morsels of awesomeness and have the best of both worlds.
Here are 5 tips to make dieting a little less sucky:
- Embrace your Emeril
– Even if you aren’t the greatest cook in the world, you can still go on the old Google and find recipes that are simple, fast, and TASTY. You can add different spices to that plain piece of chicken breast and turn it into a gourmet meal. Get creative with it. Matter of fact, just last week we had some members “playing” with some different ideas and added cilantro to their eggs and avocado and it was said to be absolutely epic.
- The Crock Pot can be your best friend
– Just about anything tastes better when it is “slow cooked” all day while you are at work. PLUS, when using a crock pot, you can make A LOT of food and turn it into a few days worth of healthy, delicious meals. It takes a lot of the planning out of your diet which can be super helpful if you are on the go.
- The blender can be a close 2nd to the crock pot
– Making a healthy breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and short on time? Throw a bunch of veggies and an apple into the blender and…..VUALA, you have a meal packed with nutrients and yummy goodness you can take with you in the car. And if you need some extra protein, a protein shake is a great way to go. Almond milk, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, a few ice cubes, and a dash of honey is my go to, and the taste is mind blowing!
- Don’t like it? Don’t eat it!
– There seems to be this fallacy out there that dieting has to involve lots of foods that you don’t enjoy….and it just ain’t true, mi amiga! “But I don’t like chicken”, OK, eat fish. “But I don’t like fish”, OK, how about a spinach omelet? “But I don’t like broccoli”, OK, how about kale or carrots? There is almost always a good substitute for the foods you don’t like that will help you lose weight. Matter of fact, with the nutrition plan we use at Fit Fast has over 50 different foods you can eat to get in great shape!
- Throw in a cheat day here and there
– I’m not a fan of balls to the wall, super strict dieting ALL. THE. TIME. It’s enough to make someone crazy. You need a break and a reward for your commitment(besides the way your body will start to look). Which is why I ALWAYS encourage our members to schedule “cheat days” where they can literally eat(and drink) anything they want. Matter of fact, a cheat day here and there can actually HELP you lose weight as it kicks your metabolism into high gear with the uptick in calories and can keep you from getting burnt out or hitting a plateau.
So that’s that. Five ways to help you get in great shape without wanting to rip your hair out.
Granted, you DO have to commit to changing your lifestyle and eating habits if you want to get in great shape. But it doesn’t have to be all bad.
Besides, LOOKING and FEELING better are a pretty solid reward for making the commitment in the first place.
The next step is finding a training program that helps burn fat, boost metabolism, and that is actually FUN!
And you can find that program by clicking HERE